Spying apps have been there for as long as the Symbian devices. The spy apps at the time were rather crude, and only able to access limited information. However, ever since the iOS and Android-based smartphones were introduced, several advanced spy apps stepped into the picture. This is because smartphones have the computing power, and different sensors, to collect a large amount of data. A user data can be accessed with a spy app and reveals much about the device owner.
Whether you are a manager who has employees to look after, or a parent worried about your child, spy apps can help to ease your concerns. Spy apps offer features that can help you achieve such your business goals by improving employee productivity and reducing theft. Similarly, in the age of hyper-connectivity, your children are acutely vulnerable to threats such as cyberbullying, harassment, online predating, and inappropriate content. However, spy apps could turn out to be quite useful in protecting your kids from all that.
In this article, we will go through how you can use a spying app to spy on an iPhone in particular. Most spy apps require physical access to the iPhone to install the software. But we will explore what can be done if you have very limited or no access to the device.
We will also identify the top two spying apps, go through their list of features, as well as how you could use them.
Spying on iPhone
Before we look into the apps, let’s clear up some misconceptions about spying on iPhone. There is a belief that you need to jailbreak an iPhone to monitor it, but it is not required anymore. Nowadays, spying apps use iCloud for monitoring, so jailbreaking is no longer necessary. Jailbreaking is not even a suitable solution because you need access to the device.
A second misconception is that you need physical access to an iOS device to install a spying app. This is also false because spying apps now use iCloud for accessing data on a phone.
There are two prerequisites to meet before you should begin. One is two have the iCloud credentials of the person you wish to monitor, and the second is to have the iCloud backup enabled on the target device. To check if the iCloud backup is turned on, this is what you need to do:
- Get a hold on the iOS device and go to “settings.”
- From there, select iCloud and sign in.
- Apart from the keychain, enable all features in the menu.
- Select “backup” and then turn on the “iCloud” backup option.
The entire process should take less than a minute. However, if the iCloud backup option is already toggled on, you do not need to access the device at all.
Now that these misconceptions are out of the way, let’s go through the top two spy apps for iOS.
XNSPY is a sophisticated spying app that offers a range of advanced features. Let’s briefly go through some of the features that the app offers for iOS devices.
- Call monitoring: You can use XNSPY to obtain access to all call logs of the device. XNSPY will create a list that details all incoming, outgoing, and missed calls along with timestamps and dates. You can also create an alert so XNSPY will notify you if there is any contact with the number you have added to a designated list.
- Social Media and Text tracking: XNSPY lets you access both incoming and outgoing text messages. As with call monitoring, you can also create a list of keywords that XNSPY will pick up and alert you if they are mentioned. But such a feature is not just limited to text messages. You have these features available even if the user has a preference to use iMessage. You can also go through all the chats on applications such as WhatsApp too.
- Multimedia access: The app also offers access to multimedia data. If you wish, you can go through all the photos that the user has on the device. All entries on the calendar are also available with XNSPY so you can track if they have marked any plans they may have.
- Location tracking: If you want to find out where the person has been, you can use the location tracking feature offered by XNSPY. This way, you will be able to see their location history and get a complete picture of where they had been.
- Online activity tracker: If you want to discover their internet browsing habits, XNSPY will create a list of all the websites visited by them, as well as all the bookmarks. You can use this information to create a picture of their online behavior. Moreover, XNSPY also generates a list of frequently-visited websites which is very helpful to get the latest updates on a skim.
- Contact list: You can use XNSPY to obtain a list of all contacts saved on the device.
How to use XNSPY
Here is a quick step-by-step guide on how you can begin monitoring the iOS device.
- Step 1: Head over to the Xnspy website and choose a subscription plan that works for you. The basic version comes in at USD 4.99/month, while the premium version costs USD 7.49 a month.
- Step 2: You will receive an activation code and login credentials for your XNSPY account.
- Step 3: Log in to XNSPY’s dashboard via the official website.
- Step 4: Enter the iCloud credentials for the device you wish to monitor. Once this is done, XNSPY will start collecting data from the device. After 24 hours, you can log in to the dashboard and view all of it.
XNSPY has a very user-friendly interface, so you know exactly what you are looking for. It does not matter where the device is, but the device must be connected to the internet. The person you are tracking can be in another country too.
As long as the device is connected to the internet, XNSPY will collect and send the information to you. The app works silently so the user has no idea that XNSPY is collecting data because it works discreetly and does not raise any suspicion.
mSpy is another spying app that is quite similar to XNSPY in terms of the features it offers. For the iOS version, mSpy also works along almost the same process as XNSPY. You only need the Apple ID access while making sure that iCloud backup is set to “on” in the targeted device.
Here is a brief step by step guide on how you can use mSpy.
- Step 1: Go to mSpy’s website, enter your email address, and select a subscription plan that you feel is suited to your needs.
- Step 2: Once the payment is made, you will be given access to the control panel. Follow the guidelines presented to set up mSpy.
- Step 3: Enter the iCloud credentials of the device on the control panel. Once this process is completed, mSpy will start collecting data from the device that you can access via the control panel.
Let’s go through some of the features mSpy offers.
- Call monitoring: The app will compile a list of all incoming, outgoing, and missed calls, with timestamps and dates.
- Contact list: You can access the full list of contacts saved on the mobile.
- Text messages access: mSpy gives you access to all text messages on the device. Deleted messages can be viewed as well. You can also track the messages exchanged via WhatsApp.
- Internet activity: The app will create a list of all websites visited by the user. You can use this information to understand the individual’s browsing habits. Such data can be invaluable to help you identify if something is up.
- Apps: You can use mSpy to obtain a list of all the applications that are installed on the iPhone.
- Events: You can go through the list of events that the user has marked on their phone.
- Notes: Many iOS users add notes to write down their thoughts, plans, or general information. Use mSpy to get a sense of what they are thinking about, or what kind of information they’re adding to the Notes app.
- Wi-Fi Networks: mSpy will create a list of all Wi-Fi networks that the person connects to. You can use this information to identify where they have been to and for how long.
mSpy has a sleek user interface that feels very intuitive. The location or the distance of the device does not matter as mSpy will collect information regardless. However, you need to keep in mind that the app will not function if the device is not connected to the internet. Like XNSPY, mSpy works quietly in the background and does not raise any suspicion.
There are many misconceptions about whether you can spy on iPhones without obtaining physical access to the device. XNSPY and mSpy are the two advanced apps that let you monitor an iPhone without jailbreaking. Whether you want to keep track of your employees or your children, XNSPY and mSpy are your best bets, because they are affordable, easy to use, and completely discrete in their operations.